X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

and holding all the wires to one lead and touching the case or shaft with the other lead you get infinity or no connection
correct?

see you tomorrow I'll have an ac (110v) wiring diagram, limit switch diagram, and emergency stop diagram.
I'll also draw an option to kill the power to the mill on emergency stop
steve

see you tomorrow I'll have an ac (110v) wiring diagram, limit switch diagram, and emergency stop diagram.
I'll also draw an option to kill the power to the mill on emergency stop
steve

Great hopefully i can get everything mounted the way i want it and then start wiring the ac(110v) system. Thanks again Mike

ac power circuit
i know it looks like i did it in crayon lol

ac power0001.jpg

this is the pinouts for your breakout board we will use this to setup mach3
USB DB25 5 axis CNC Breakout Board Interface Adapter For PC Stepper Motor Driver MACH3

DB25 control pin (PIN)
The pin of the drive board
STEPB
B(Fifth axis)pulse signal

STEPX
X(First axis) pulse signal

DIRX
X(First axis) direction of the signal

STEPY
Y(Secondaxis)pulse signal

DIRY
Y(Second axis)direction of the signal

STEPZ
Z(Third axis) pulse signal

DIRZ
Z(Third axis) direction of the signal

STEPA
A(Fourth axis) pulse signal

DIRA
A(Fourth axis) direction of the signal

LIMIT-1
Limit input interface 1

LIMIT-2
Limit input interface 2

LIMIT-3
Limit input interface 3

LIMIT-4
Limit input interface 4

DIRB
B(Fifth axis) direction of the signal

Vacant

RLY
Relay control

EN
All axis enable

18-25
GND
GND

breakout board axis, limit and e-stop connections

bob layout.jpg

correction :the nc and c are reversed on the e-stop in the drawing
and nc should be "no"

steve

Last edited:
It may seem strange that all the limit switches are wired on the same circuit so i'll tell you how this works...
all the switches are closed completing the circuit back to the computer. mach3 watches this pin# to see if the connection breaks. since mach3 is moving the axis it knows what switch opened. so if it is moving z up and the circuit opens it knows it hit the limit and then mach3 reverses the axis to reclose the switch and stops.
when homing mach3 moves one axis at a time untill the circuit opens, moves off the switch and then moves the next axis repeating this untill all axis are homed. or just one axis is homed if thats what was requested.
e-stop will close the circuit if the switch is pressed telling mach3 to stop all axis this will not turn off your spindle without further modifications.
I will post a simple circuit to turn off all power to the mill on an e-stop. If you dont use it thats ok someone reading this may want to turn off the mill on e-stop.
since the mill is small this will not require a relay and can also turn off cooling at the same time.
steve

Back