did you read the mach3 setup pdf ?
steve

did you test your power supply voltage?
any other questions since we are here at the same time
steve

did you test your power supply voltage?
any other questions since we are here at the same time
steve

Yes voltage was 36 and im wiring now so i might have some but wont be for a while.Thanks Mike

Now when wiring the ac system what end do i need to ground the shield wire?

what ever end is the most convient to ground to the case it really dont matter as long as it grounded. add a piece of wire if you need to get to a ground screw
steve

Update

Fans work :) I connected the sheilded wires to the power supply ground and then grounded to case. Is that ok?

DSC00449.jpg

Front of case with power and E-Stop swich
DSC00452.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

the terminals should be numbered if not wire all plugs with the wires in the same locations
to connect the wires hold the soldering gun against the side of the terminal and fill each terminal. tin the end of each wire. make sure you install the plug cover on the cable then holding the soldering gun against each terminal until melted and plug wires into molten solder. leave covers back so you can match colors to sockets and wire sockets in the same manner.
if numbered write down number and color for each number.
steve

Ok on the connector that goes on the case i see that but on the connector that goes on the motor the terminal are different
Heres a couple pics

DSC00454.jpg
DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

that all looks good mike everything nice, neat and shielded, yes the power supply terminal marked with a ground connection goes to the case. all we need now to get the motors spinning is the breakout board delivered and connected. then set up mach3 with the pin numbers that are marked on the board for each axis. set max acceleration and max speed step per set to 10000 in motor tuning.and we are ready for the the first test run.
oh ya we need the mill lol
steve

Back