X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

duhhh I forgot about them
ok i'll draw everything, it will be a little bit i'm going to eat dinner then do it.
steve

copy these mach3 files to your computer in case you dont have them
it is mach3 mill install and configuration
and mach3 mill users guide
steve

Attachments

• Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Mach3Mill-users-guide_1.84.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 25
make up your cables tin the ends of the black red and green wires
3 cables long enough to reach the breakout board
only strip the cable long enough to reach each connector so we have shielding as close as possible to the breakout board and the controllers and still be able to connect the wires easily.
1. the red wire from each cable connects to the "com" terminal for each axis X Y Z on the breakout board.
2. at the controller ends of the cables connect the red wire to pul+ and loop a red wire to dir+
3. at the breakout board connect black wire to "pul" at X Y Z connectors
4. at the breakout board connect green wire to "dir" at X Y Z connectors
5. at the controller end of the cables connect the black wires to the "pul-" terminals and the green wires to the "dir-" terminals

we may have to hook up enable but lets try this first

I just found another mistake i made
I told you to watch the video for the breakout board and connect your controllers
the connection on the controllers they are talking about in the video are not labeled the same as your controllers
so please toss the video it will be confusing
now for your controllers we do need to add the enable circuit and it is easy
you still have a white wire in your cables. connect the white wire to "en" on the breakout board for X Y Z
and at the controller end connect the whites to the "en-" terminals
next make another red loop of wire for each controller and connect it from a red already connected to the "en+" terminal
any questions about breakout board to controllers please ask
Connecting power to the controllers from the power supply is just a red positive and a black negative from the positive on the power supply to the positive on the controllers and the negatives to the negatives pretty simple except i want you to run a cable to each and ground the shield wires at the power supply to the case every wire in the case is now shielded.
after really going over all wiring and rechecking the colors and nothing is touching anything it should not. plug the motors into the connectors but do not connect either cable to the pc and turn on the power.
you should see a power light on your switch maybe leds on the breakout board and possibly the drivers but nothing happening at all. really the motors should not be humming at braking because we havent sent an enable signal

and we should now be ready to set up mach3 mill.
steve

i forgot to remind you the terms step and pulse mean the same thing
so if the breakout board says step and the controller says pulse that is the same
the other terminals will all say dir for direction and en for enable
"com" means positive on this breakout board so if you see step+ dir+ en+ they will all hook to "com" the red wire
(that can be confusing because in dc wiring in the U.S. "com" stands for common and the common is the negative or ground circuit so something was lost in the chinese translation here and the board should be marked ref for reference voltage or 5v + )
steve

we could do e-stop now but i want to see some motors spin

Im trying to keep it neat but its starting to look a little ugly
Wired and ready spin them motors but im calling it a night see u all later . Thanks Steve
DSC00466.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

a few small wire ties and that will look fine. you can always come back and make it pretty. make it work first. ( that make it work then pretty comment does not work for me look at this 10 year old "prototype" I use it all the time but i never find the time to down size it. I needed a power feed and i had no money . thats a selfpropelled mower transmission so i could disengage for manual movement)
steve

DIGI0044.JPG

if you have read everything and double checked everything then you have powered it up and it sat there and did nothing
correct?

Back