X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

thats great
we need parts for the mill to arrive
have fun run some g-code watch the motors and keep me posted or ask anything you may run across
pm me when you are ready to start on the mill itself
steve

Parts for mill are in route!

i was just thinking it would be good to post your expenses to date and maybe your parts list so far if you find time mike cost is a factor everyone likes to know. at lot of people think price is so high they wont think about doing what you are.
steve

i was just thinking it would be good to post your expenses to date and maybe your parts list so far if you find time mike cost is a factor everyone likes to know. at lot of people think price is so high they wont think about doing what you are.
steve

Great idea! Will do

Here is a break down of the parts to get an X2 mill converted to CNC
All prices include Shipping

Power Supply,Stepper Motors,Drivers $384.99
5Axis CNC Interface Breakout Board V5type/Mach $26.99
Shielded Wire for wiring inside case 2ft $24
Non Sheilded wire for motor cables 2ft $21
E-Stop Switch , 6 Limit Switches , 3 Motor Connectors , 110V Power Switch $90
Misc connectors, heatshrink, wireties, ETC $60
CNC Fusion Kit 4 with Upgrde kit for larger X-Y Table $646
LMS Large X-Y Table (optional) $356
Controll Case used old computer tower. FREE
Total $1609.00

If you are starting out i would bye the LMS High Torque X2 Mill it has a high torque motor and the larger X-Y Table so that will keep cost down a bit because your standard X2 mil is $600 and the LMS mill with the bigger table and high torque motor is $789.

So if you bought the LMS Mill total would be $2050
If you bye the standard X2 Mill your looking at $2210 with larger table upgrade but if the standard x2 will do you can get it all done for $1855 not to bad to get into CNC:)

Just received my CNC Fusion kit and it is sweet I will have larger X-Y table on Thursday so I will post pics of that with the motors mounted and maybe a video

very sweet. I look forward to seeing this complete. when business gets better I would like to convert one of my 7x10's and my x2 to cnc. it would make my ar15 project go so much faster.

X-Y Done except for limit switches. The table is the LMS Mini Mill Large Table Assembly part#3677 and everthing went together and fit perfectly:)
IMG_0295.jpg

Click on pic for short video.

th_IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

th_IMG_0296.jpg

Last edited:
Back