X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

looks and sounds good i think we set the speed just about perfect
when will you have the rest of the mill?
steve

looks and sounds good i think we set the speed just about perfect
when will you have the rest of the mill?
steve

I have to move it downstairs for now until i get the garage all setup and cleaned out which wont be for a while, but im hoping to get it all setup downstairs by next week.I have to go get the colum and head asy and mount the Z axis to it and then we will mount the limit swithes . I have 11.8" travel on X and 5.1" on Y

you may want to figure out the limit switches before mounting the z so it's east to move around. have you seen any good x2 limit installs online. i'll look also.
unless your going to use this mill to make the limit switch parts
we still have to check for accuracy with a dial indicator before using it.
steve

you may want to figure out the limit switches before mounting the z so it's east to move around. have you seen any good x2 limit installs online. i'll look also.
unless your going to use this mill to make the limit switch parts
we still have to check for accuracy with a dial indicator before using it.
steve

Thats what i am going to do just looking now how im going to mount them and where.

ok i'll look too
i know you said no flood cooling but they need protection
steve

here is another useful pdf

Attachments

• Limit switch assy..pdf
    24 KB · Views: 63
one thing to know is it will not harm the machine to hit the end of travel with a stepper motor if you make a mistake.( you will have to rezero your parts location though ) it will not hurt the stepper and if your machine has hard stops (and it looks like it does, the motor mounts) it will not harm the machine.
so you can wait and use your mill to make the switch parts after your up and running as your first project.
just a thought and you will have a better idea where the swarf will be landing and clearance issues
steve

mgp
if you get caught up and bored i'd like to try some different settings just for general knowledge
it will give me more knowledge on what those drivers will do they are very popular and sold under a lot of different brands. thats if you have the time. we can make a new mill profile in mach3 loader so we dont change your setup and delete it when we are done.
steve

Back