X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

thats good you know your mill if chatter was not a problem with it on there we may be set. lets try without it first then move on from there. if we need it you may be able to use the cylinder and make new mounts or something.
steve

My X axis was getting hung up going + full travel. Found the problem just need to dremel a little
IMG_0301-1.jpg

It was hitting the set screw and coupler
IMG_0302-1.jpg

IMG_0301-1.jpg

IMG_0302-1.jpg

that was an easy fix
when you reassemble i would run to the ends of travel before tightening the bearing supports also incase there is any side load on the screws due to miss alignment.
steve

That one was but im not sure about this one

heres whats limiting my Y-axis
IMG_0303.jpg

By this much
IMG_0305.jpg

Has anyone encountered this problem and if so what did you do about it?

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

i would contact the supplier. it looks to me like the ballnut is on the wrong side of the bracket?

steve

if that ballnut was turned around and inserted into the bracket from the other direction would it interfere in the y travel going toward the column?
steve

if that ballnut was turned around and inserted into the bracket from the other direction would it interfere in the y travel going toward the column?
steve

That might be but i think if i turned it around i would loose the balls going the other way to full travel even with that im getting more than the table -advertises im getting 5.990" on Y-axis advertised is 5.1" and 12.250" on the X- axis advertised is 11.8"

ya i would not remove the nut without their input it would be fun to reassemble i'm sure.
steve

steve

No it would not interfere but with the space in the pic i think i would loose some balls

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

Back