X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

OOPS
This is why it is always good to take pics of things when you get them its my fault well gotta go take it apart

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

if the ballnut had a cardboard tube in it when you assembled it put it in as you unscrew it?
steve

that looked easy
get it back together yet?
steve

That might be but i think if i turned it around i would loose the balls going the other way to full travel even with that im getting more than the table -advertises im getting 5.990" on Y-axis advertised is 5.1" and 12.250" on the X- axis advertised is 11.8"

Well i only get 5.1" on the Y-axis now and have to be careful if i run it all the way to the colum end i will loose balls so a limit switch is needed there im going to plan my attack on how im going to mount them

what is the spindle to column distance on an x2?
you dont think the y slide is on backwards do you?
that may move the mount forward so the balls dont fall out?
steve

what is the spindle to column distance on an x2?
you dont think the y slide is on backwards do you?
that may move the mount forward so the balls dont fall out?
steve

I dont have my mill here to measure, Y slide is definitely not on backwards it can only go on one way but if the ball screw was a little longer it would not be a problem i will have to see if they sent me the correct length.

Heres a couple of pics i found showing the Large Table compared to the factory X2 Table
tablessidebyside.png
bases.png
tabletops2.png
tablebottoms3.png

tablessidebyside.png

bases.png

tabletops2.png

tablebottoms3.png

A little update im Changing my X & Y couplers because i think they are the problem in the backlash im having ill update when done.
Here is what they were lovejoy spider coupler
ZeroBacklashCoupler2_zps80e3d13a.jpg

And now heli-cal anti backlash couplers
ZeroBacklashCoupler1_zpscc0b4425.jpg

ZeroBacklashCoupler2_zps80e3d13a.jpg

ZeroBacklashCoupler1_zpscc0b4425.jpg

Well Finally!!!!!! i got her accurate and started machining a part for a custom gun build here is a small video and a pic of the first operation done
Video wont load ill try later.
IMG_0648_zps1e896071.jpg
IMG_0647_zps0ad244cc.jpg

IMG_0648_zps1e896071.jpg

IMG_0647_zps0ad244cc.jpg

Back