X2 Mini Mill CNC Conversion?

not bad that is powerful at 500watt
your addicted lol
steve

Yes it should work pretty good. They have the motor retro fit kit but its $500 so for $98 more i got a whole new head:))

I will be drilling this head and putting the gib asjustment on the right side of the mill even though i did it already to the one i have now but the one i have now as soon as i buy a colum will be back on its original x-y table and will be manual its always nice to have a manual mill also.

Just Recieved the New Head with the high Torque Brushless Motor i hopefully will have pics up by the weekend:))

You will notice on the back of the on/off and spindle speed control box, there is a jack plug on the back of it. That is for a spindle speed read out display. Didn't know if you knew that, but now others know too..

Gib Adjustment moved to right side of the mill and opened up the hole to access the large bolt for the ballnut bracket without having to take the head off.
IMG_0973.JPG
Spacer made to make up for offset
IMG_0974.JPG
Two more bolts addded to strenghten up the Z axis top mount
IMG_0976.JPG
The Hole Head Asm
IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG IMG_0974.JPG IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0975.JPG

Last edited:
looks pretty good
have you been making any parts yet or still going to school?
steve

Been working 2nd shift at a machine shop and im starting back to school at the end of this month. I havent been able to do anything just got over this flu thats going around so hopefully soon i will be making parts. Mike

Got one of those on eBay and it arrived in the mail recently. I've read nothing but good things about them from people that have used it is why I went ahead and picked one up. I personally can't say how well it does or doesn't work first hand yet though until I finish getting my X2 converted and get the software setup to run it. Hopefully this weekend I'll at least have the mechanical part of the conversion finished. Right now I'm just waiting on a couple more PC parts to show up before I can wrap up the computer & software side of things.

Back