Xl-56 To Sell Or Not To Sell????

Jlwwade

Registered
Registered
IMG_0166.JPG

Hey guys.
I am doing a total retooling and shop make over and my new machines will be coming in soon.

My plan was to sell my Sheldon but now that the time to put it out there is here I am torn. I know it would be handy to have an extra lathe for those quick turns that always pop up but I never planed to do a rebuild on this machine. It was simply a stop gap to get me by until I could pull the trigger on my new set up.

I am torn but still thinking the money from my old XL-56 may be best spent on more tooling for the new machines.

What do you think?

James

I think I would let go and hope that there is some new hobby guy out there who will give it a loving home. I should talk,though. I can't let go of my stuff, either.

I have a really hard time getting rid of ANY tool, machine, accessory, or hardware I have collected over the years, even a short piece of used string. I am a hoarder, like my depression era mindset parents were, and I am fighting it as best I can. I even have trouble getting rid of broken tools. It is a disease, I tell you, but is also amazing how often that pile of stuff bails me out on a project without driving to a store or searching the web. Lately I have been learning how to share the bounty, there are others that need some of this more than I do...

i too hoard seemingly stupid things, that somehow get me out of scrapes in the future.
i can't even begin to explain how many machines are currently running because i didn't throw a seemingly insignificant doodad away
at least that's how i justify the hoarding anyway ;)
i'm probably not the best voice of reason....:oops:

I think I would let go and hope that there is some new hobby guy out there who will give it a loving home. I should talk,though. I can't let go of my stuff, either.

Thanks, that's what I needed to hear and you hit the nail on the head. I already have more projects then ten men need.
This machine has done exactly what I needed it to do and would be a great foundation for a guy that enjoys restoration.

Ok guys,
I am letting go of my Sheldon XL-56 and asking $2150.00 . It has been a good machine for me and will be for its new owner as well. I am in North Georgia and would be happy to talk with anyone interested in the details.

706-537-0826
James

Hope it sells quickly, James. If I was a new guy looking for a lathe, I would be thrilled to have that machine.

Back