Xmas machinist gifts

cascao

Active User
Registered
Looking for gifts witch can be made on lathe. Anyone with one good idea?

Fine quality Pens and pencils, Chess pieces, Checkers pieces Presentation Mini Cannons, Brass Bells. Did you have a specific material in mind? Are you looking for a particular theme like Christmas or Jesus items? Lots of possibilities, only real limit is what you decide you can do. Hope this helps get the creative juices flowing for ya!!!

Bob

Yup, a nice brass or bronze pill case with an O-ring to keep them fresh would be a great trinket to give out over the holidays to friends and associates. Seems like Christmas gets started earlier every year lately. Soon the after Christmas and pre Christmas sales will be happening in June... Guess I better get started if I want to finish in the shop before the holidays already.

Bob

I made turner's cube a while back, and everyone I show it too goes "ooh, neat". They would probably make interesting ornaments, or keychains. Pens are also nice. My girlfriend and I made a bunch for people 2 years ago (wood ones, but done on my little 7x14 lathe). In the US, the pen hardware is easy to find, and fairly inexpensive.

Tops, or dreidels, on a lathe. To make it machinist related, maybe use titanium. You could make them sleek and simple or far more intricate and ornate.

I built my father a .50 caliber cannon for Christmas 27 yrs ago when I was in high school, Every time I visit him he shows it to me and asks me if I remember it..

It was full functioning, I test fired it about 20 times with my muzzle loading ammo to be certain it was safe, It hasnt been shot since... It was 16" long had a stake hole drilled in the base so it wouldnt flip back, worked like a charm.. Next time I'm over there I'll get some pictures of it and post them here..

When my father passes that will be one item I will want simply because I know my father cherished it over the years..

Back