Y AXIS FINISH FEED ???

Arm...can you snap a pic of the chart that shows your feeds. That would be to the very left of the panel from midways top to bottom?
KEVIN
Had quite a few taken, but they are too small.
Will do that first thing in the morning and post. IA
Thanks
aRM

The feed selector on my Grizzly G4003G QC transmission toggles between feed rod and leadscrew. It won't let both turn simultaneously. There's also an interlock on the apron that won't let you engage the halfnuts and the power feed at the same time. I haven't been around as many machines as a lot of you guys but between my kids' high school shop and some night schools I went to I played with a fair amount of lathes. Most are similar enough that I could walk up and after a few trial lever shifts be making chips. The machine in this thread is waaay more complicated than anything I've ever seen.

No doubt, it is different for sure. I was studying it earlier and I think I have it figured out, other than the threading and the feeding both show that lever "C" is to be engaged. "C" for inch I believe and "V" for metric. Once I see the feed settings and the threading settings, I may have it figured. It's hard to do over the internet though. Now on my lathe, I can have both the leadscrew and feed rod running both at the same time. If the threading lever for the half nut is engaged, the feed lever is locked out and visa versa. Which is what I thought it did, until I pulled the manual out. That's where I found out the one knob on mine disengages the feed rod for threading, but then there is only one lever position which is "P" that disengages my leadscrew. Not bad just finding this out yesterday after having my lathe for almost a year
:lmao:

KEVIN
Had quite a few taken, but they are too small.
Will do that first thing in the morning and post. IA
Thanks
aRM

ARM.....I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them.

No doubt, it is different for sure. I was studying it earlier and I think I have it figured out, other than the threading and the feeding both show that lever "C" is to be engaged. "C" for inch I believe and "V" for metric. Once I see the feed settings and the threading settings, I may have it figured. It's hard to do over the internet though. Now on my lathe, I can have both the leadscrew and feed rod running both at the same time. If the threading lever for the half nut is engaged, the feed lever is locked out and visa versa. Which is what I thought it did, until I pulled the manual out. That's where I found out the one knob on mine disengages the feed rod for threading, but then there is only one lever position which is "P" that disengages my leadscrew. Not bad just finding this out yesterday after having my lathe for almost a year
:lmao:

ARM.....I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them.

KEVIN
Herewith the pics
Had to do them in sections so's we could get clearer pics.
Thanks
aRM002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG

002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

ARM.....I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them.[/QUOTE]

KEVIN
Do have a look see
The pics are posted here
We are just as curious that there just might be a solution here somewhere !!
thanks
aRM

Hi ARM......I haven't forgot about this thread, just been very busy the last couple of days. Let me study the pics and I'll get back to you later today.

Back