Y Axis Power-feed For A Benchtop Mill

Just curious on how this mod is holding up. I am ordering the exact mill with PDF and DRO and would like to add a Y axis power feed.
Oh it's Great!! I use it constantly and never touch the hand wheel, I don't know how people live without it..

Congrats and I hope you enjoy your new mill!!

Nice installations. I'm curious, do you guys also have power feed on the X-axis & this is additive power functionality? Or did you select this over X-axis? I didn't quite see how you now handle getting lubrication to the stock lead screw shaft / bushing area. Did you install an oiler nipple or replaced bushing type hole with sealed bearings or...?

Nice installations. I'm curious, do you guys also have power feed on the X-axis & this is additive power functionality? Or did you select this over X-axis? I didn't quite see how you now handle getting lubrication to the stock lead screw shaft / bushing area. Did you install an oiler nipple or replaced bushing type hole with sealed bearings or...?
The mill that I have comes from the factory with a x-axis power feed otherwise I would have definatly added that first!! There are "bolt on" kits available for the x-axis so it would not present the challanges that the y-axis did..

I drilled a hole in my standoff so I am able to access the ball oiler. If you look closely at the pictures I think you can see it..

Last edited:
Back