Y Axis Power Feed??

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
Bridgeport series I 2hp mill.

I've got a servo 140 power feed on my x axis and thinking of putting one on my y axis. what size servo would work there and or what other type, make would be suitable?

Bridgeport series I 2hp mill.

I've got a servo 140 power feed on my x axis and thinking of putting one on my y axis. what size servo would work there and or what other type, make would be suitable?
It can use the same units as for the table traverse. Some of the mounting parts can be different, but are available. The lead screw must be lengthened or replaced with a longer one to make room for the drive. Extending the lead screw is not too difficult, even I did it, though it was adding a BP drive to a Burke Millrite.

look at shars or cdco specifically for the y axis with all the parts you need but an x axis one can be fitted to your mill as bob says above. I bought and installed a z axis to my mill up and down on the saddle and table this one takes more oz in of torque or that's what sell you 150 ozin instead of the140 ozin for the table (x) or (y) saddle. bill

I have a Servo model 100 BP knee unit running the table X feed on my Millrite. It works fine, but I did have to swap the wires to the brushes to get the movement directions correct. Knees run backwards from the X and Y. I also needed to add a new direction label over the existing one. I also have a Servo model 90 unit originally for a BP X axis that I will be using on the Y axis of my Millrite. The differences are minor.

The Millrite has a 5/8" square shank to drive the knee. I made two adapters with .450" hex male to 1/2" square male (one for a friend, eeler1) and use a HF cheap 1/2" drill (less than $25 out the door with 25% coupon) and a 1/2" drive, 5/8" eight point socket to power the knee up and down, works well. I will post that in a separate thread for reference.

yeah up and down is the hardest for me. I used to use an adaptor that fit onto the z crank handle works well but the power feed is better bill

Back