Yahoo groups going away ?

There is an app that will allow you to download your photos to back them up.
I'd suggest doing that. These guys change their minds on a dime, and don't care about the end-user.

As I understand it no more uploads allowed as of this week & all content erased in December as the server will be wiped & repurposed. The Van Norman group did it's best to relocate to FB & much of the content is secure. Many refuse to go onto FB & I understand. This Forum is still a good place to share info, & I will help as I can!

The active Yahoo groups (that I follow) seem to be moving to groups.io. For example, the atlas618lathe group. Seems to have been relatively painless but I didn't do any of the behind-the-scenes work!

Facebook? Shudder.

Craig

As I understand it no more uploads allowed as of this week & all content erased in December as the server will be wiped & repurposed. The Van Norman group did it's best to relocate to FB & much of the content is secure. Many refuse to go onto FB & I understand. This Forum is still a good place to share info, & I will help as I can!
Yes, Yahoo sent out that information last week, making it official. Three of the yahoo groups I belong to have already switched - two within the last week. So word's out.

Back