Yamaha Tools

Nice job on the tools. The Yamaha outboard special tools can be expensive and I'm the same as you in that I make what I can. I like your injector cleaner it's given me some ideas to do something similar for when I'm cleaning outboard fuel injectors.

Nice job on the tools. The Yamaha outboard special tools can be expensive and I'm the same as you in that I make what I can. I like your injector cleaner it's given me some ideas to do something similar for when I'm cleaning outboard fuel injectors.
The injector cleaner works by forcing a 50/50 mix of SEAFOAM and gasoline thru the injector backwards at 100psi. Since the grit is pumped into the injector at 45psi this works like a champ. You'll need a way to turn the air on and off and also a electrical switch to active the injector with 12vdc. There are lots of way to do this but I wanted some thing fast and convenient as I have 2 motors to do. The cleaner body has the air supply mounted part way up the side and there is a threaded fill plug with o-ring at the top. This is so I can load it with 2 oz of the SEAFOAM mix just by removing the fill plug while leaving the hose connected. The air supply is provided by a modified blowgun with push button valve and the lower plate has the push button (momentary) switch to activate the injector. Put 2oz of cleaner in the body, pressurize with air and toggle the electrical switch until the body is empty. The two blocks of aluminum bar stock are also machined in such a way that the injectors can be flipped over and gas pumped thru them in the conventional direction to test the spray pattern. The whole unit sits atop long threaded rods so I can put a bucket underneath to catch the mess.INJECTOR CLEANER BODY.jpgINJECTOR CLEANER.JPG

Last edited:
I use one of these to activate the fuel injectors All-Sun EM276 Fuel Injector Tester it works really well and there not overly expensive. I normally use Nulon Fuel Injector Cleaner in a aerosol can. I'd heard of Seafoam in the past, but it wasn't available here in Australia. I just googled Seafoam in Australia and it's available here now so I'll probably get some so I can give it a try.

Back