Yangzhou TY-CO632 13x40 Gear Head Lathe rebuild.

Sk7500

Registered
Registered
Three weeks of grunge cleaning. New bearings, replaced split nut gib, new placards (Thanks ChrisAttebery) New paint job, replaced missing handles. Ready for action!

Attachments

• IMG_3219.JPEG
    IMG_3219.JPEG
    535.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3220.JPEG
    IMG_3220.JPEG
    498.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3252.JPEG
    IMG_3252.JPEG
    607.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3253.JPEG
    IMG_3253.JPEG
    583.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3254.JPEG
    IMG_3254.JPEG
    602.7 KB · Views: 70
Nice! Great work.

Those were imported by Jet, Grizzly, Enco, Birmingham and a few others for many years, under various names and model #s.

I have had the Birmingham version. The YCL1340GH for many years. It's been a good lathe. I've been getting spare and replacement parts from Grizzly. The old discontinued G4016 is the same machine and they still stocks many parts for it.

Mines had alot of work done as well. Paint, powdercoat, Timken spindle bearings. Titanium handles, cerakoted knobs. I added a pull out chip pan from a G0709.

The bed-ways on these are well hardened and last a long time.

My electrical controls, the Jog, Estop and power LED crumbled into powder from age. I replaced them with stainless and anodized switches, in an aluminum panel.

Last edited:
Nice! Great work.

Those were imported by Jet, Grizzly, Enco, Birmingham and a few others for many years, under various names and model #s.

I have had the Birmingham version. The YCL1340GH for many years. It's been a good lathe. I've been getting spare and replacement parts from Grizzly. The old discontinued G4016 is the same machine and they still stocks many parts for it.

Mines had alot of work done as well. Paint, powdercoat, Timken spindle bearings. Titanium handles, cerakoted knobs. I added a pull out chip pan from a G0709.

The bed-ways on these are well hardened and last a long time.

My electrical controls, the Jog, Estop and power LED crumbled into powder from age. I replaced them with stainless and anodized switches, in an aluminum panel.

That's great info! Thank you so much.
Your Lathe's an inspiration. Beautiful! Love the tool rack.
My electrical panel has the same issue. The Jog switch is about all that still works. I keep it unplugged when not in use because without the E-Stop button I can hear the relays humming.

Really nice work there!

Back