Yet another mill I just started looking at but this one is diffrent

Cooped_Up

Registered
Registered
So if any of you have been following my other posts I have this problem where I can't stop looking at machines. Well here's another one, it's only 5 ish hours away and $600 so that's a plus. it's a horizontal mill with two arbour supports and a vertical attachment. is this a mill I should look into buying? I want a horizontal mill and so far this looks like a good choice. would this be a good replacement for my Bridgeport or should I keep that toos-l1600.jpg

With that and the Bridgeport you’d be hard pressed to find a job that you couldn’t handle! I’m guessing that there would be little to no chance you’d utter the words, “I wish my mill was just a bit bigger”. That alone would seal the deal for me (if I had the space). Pride of ownership my friend...... pride of ownership!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, not a Bridgeport replacement.

What projects are you planning that might require such a monster?

Pictures please....

John

With that and the Bridgeport you’d be hard pressed to find a job that you couldn’t handle! I’m guessing that there would be little to no chance you’d utter the words, “I wish my mill was just a bit bigger”. That alone would seal the deal for me (if I had the space). Pride of ownership my friend...... pride of ownership!

I agree. I think it would be awsome, but getting it to my house is going to be a chore. I will need to borrow a trailer and then figure out if I have to load it or not then drive 5 hours in to a very populated area with a large trailer. then pick it up and drive back through it. getting it is the easy part. taking it off the trailer... not so much

I have wanted a horizontal mill for a while and this one comes with two supports and a vert head for pretty cheap so I think it would be worth the buy but idk about the drive I would have to make

No, not a Bridgeport replacement.

What projects are you planning that might require such a monster?

Pictures please....

John
I'm 18 and still live at my parent's house and just got a well-paying internship so I want tools and don't have anything more important to spend it on hahahaha

Then this machine would be a colossally bad purchase for you.

I can't make out the data plate but does your parents house even have the power to run such a thing?

You already have a Bridgeport, learn how to use that first before buying more equipment just for the sake of having it. Also think about if you ever want to move out of your parents home where will your shop be?

If you really want to work as a machinist then go get some training and learn to run CNC machines, there's plenty of work out there. What is your internship in anyway?

At your age I had plenty of "more important things" to spend my money on, most of them were redheads;)

Oh, and go ask your dad if he wants more machine tools in the garage before you even think about buying anything else....

John

Nothing in life worth having comes easily!

Back