Yet another mill I just started looking at but this one is diffrent

You said it’s 5 ish hour away trip where are you located that machine is up New York way I saw it for sale also and also considered taking a drive to go check it out and I’m only 3-1/2 hours away in Maryland the thing to consider with a machine that size is what it would cost to load it and transport and then unload it and then again with the power supply to run such a machine ? All things to consider . Just because it has a low price up front what is it going to cost you when it’s all said and done to have a working and able to hold a tolerance when making a cut
But if your looking for a project a machine to clean up go over and restore well there you go there are a lot of them out there
Im lucky and I can get industrial trash like large 3phase motors to build into phase converters. I'm not sure how large the motor is in the mill but I would imagine its no bigger than 5 hp. I would love to have the mill but it would probably end up in working condition but still looking like a pile... sometimes I'm impatient. My uncle has a trailer that would handle it no problem but I don't want to ask him to borrow it because I know he would want to come with and I don't want to waste his time like that. the only way this would work is if the guy selling can load it, if not its a no go for me.

Im lucky and I can get industrial trash like large 3phase motors to build into phase converters. I'm not sure how large the motor is in the mill but I would imagine its no bigger than 5 hp. I would love to have the mill but it would probably end up in working condition but still looking like a pile... sometimes I'm impatient. My uncle has a trailer that would handle it no problem but I don't want to ask him to borrow it because I know he would want to come with and I don't want to waste his time like that. the only way this would work is if the guy selling can load it, if not its a no go for me.
I would just stay diligent and keep a eye out on Craig’s list and eBay and stuff will come around that’s where I have gotten VERY lucky with my stuff it doesn’t happen over night but there out there
And again not sure where your located and what your budget is but check out LOST CREEK MACHINE they always have machine coming thru that place and the stuff is affordable I’m always doing business with them and they are great to work with in buying and selling stuff

I would just stay diligent and keep a eye out on Craig’s list and eBay and stuff will come around that’s where I have gotten VERY lucky with my stuff it doesn’t happen over night but there out there
And again not sure where your located and what your budget is but check out LOST CREEK MACHINE they always have machine coming thru that place and the stuff is affordable I’m always doing business with them and they are great to work with in buying and selling stuff
Ill do that thanks

I wonder if the dials read metric since it was produced in Italy? Of course the Trav a Dial on the machine is worth 200 bucks if it works. :D

The U/2 model and it looks like it could be universal? Go for it. The No.2 sizes have a lot of table space for their size. Weight will be between 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 Ton. I moved my Adcock & Shipley AGU2 with a J1 Bedford and had had a local arborist unload it into the driveway onto a reinforced pallet,(free from down the road),with his crane for 2 dozen beers. Worked it up the driveway,(gravel), on pipe rollers with a come-along and bar.
If trailering build a temporary structure out of scaffolding to attach a hoist and then just drive the trailer out from under.
A No.2 mill like that will handle far bigger cuts than your Bridgeport and they are accurate and smooth cutting. I have a vertical head as well but would love a universal head.
At $600 you can't go wrong.

The U/2 model and it looks like it could be universal? Go for it. The No.2 sizes have a lot of table space for their size. Weight will be between 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 Ton. I moved my Adcock & Shipley AGU2 with a J1 Bedford and had had a local arborist unload it into the driveway onto a reinforced pallet,(free from down the road),with his crane for 2 dozen beers. Worked it up the driveway,(gravel), on pipe rollers with a come-along and bar.
If trailering build a temporary structure out of scaffolding to attach a hoist and then just drive the trailer out from under.
A No.2 mill like that will handle far bigger cuts than your Bridgeport and they are accurate and smooth cutting. I have a vertical head as well but would love a universal head.
wait so you are telling me its under 2000 pounds??? THATS MY TRAILER CAPACITY....hmmmm I think this could work......... now just to load and unload it... I have a coworker who lives close and he has a forklift I bet he could help... and if the seller can load that would be an easy victory

wait so you are telling me its under 2000 pounds??? THATS MY TRAILER CAPACITY....hmmmm I think this could work......... now just to load and unload it... I have a coworker who lives close and he has a forklift I bet he could help... and if the seller can load that would be an easy victory
wait im stupid hahaha I posted that to realize I mathed real wrong oops.... I will need a trailer with double mine dang

so, good news. My friends dad agreed to loan me his trailer. But now I just need to have permission from my dad cause my truck won't tow it and it's his truck and shop

I think you're right that it's a universal.

That changes my opinion since it can definitely do more stuff. Gotta ask dad....

John

Back