Yet another Rockwell/Delta metal/wood bandsaw restore

Those factory roll pins were metric, so anybody that tried to install US fractional sized ones would have ended up beating them in. I found the metric ones on McMaster (i think maybe 4.3 mm?), but ended up drilling mine out for 3/16 roll pins.

The drive keys on mine had small steps ground into them (think they were .003), so first time I assembled it I could not slide the inner shaft. Took me a bit to notice the steps in the keys. Reversed one key, and ground the second one a few thousandths more. Slides nice now.

Luckily, I had a box of metric pins from another project.

The only issue I'm having is it wants to slip out of gear. My <future> son in law has a a 3d printer. I'm going to have him print me a ring to slip on to lock it in one gear or the other. In the meantime, I went old school on it and wrapped a length of copper wire between the clutches. Not pretty, but it worked great.

I saw this at Sawblade dot com, but it didn't have any specs. Does anyone know about this company or the specs to the pulley?

P Trajan 128HDR-086

P Trajan 128HDR-086
asm-p-rf-3086a.jpg

Motor Pulley Aftermarket Trajan Part
Motor Pulley

Only $41.90

Motor Pulley

Aftermarket Trajan Part

Only $41.90

Ohgeez,
According to my records, the upper 4 step pulley (720) is same as p/n 41-724. Last year this was available for about $150-190 from a few suppliers.

The lower 4 step (718) is 41-714. I could not find it anywhere available last year.

I ended up buying these pulleys on McMaster (6213K56, 6213K56). They are not an exact match, but are pretty close. Your belt will need slight adjustment between the speeds. Was also some generic pulleys on amazon that looked to be about the same.

I can't find it right now, but the Rockwell/Delta Industrial Machinery catalog had the pulley dimensions/specs in it. Only place I ever saw the actual diameters listed.

Back