Yet another Unimat picture.

Cyclebuster

Registered
Registered
had this for years, couple peices missing from moving it a dozen times, i do have them, i just bought a keyed chuck for it, mine was stuck even if i found it. I need to find the back plate, and the milling table. all the small stuff still here, hard to beleive. I rewired the motor from mouse damage. Dont bother, that is not a easy, nor fun job. If you have to fix the cord, throw the thing away. Buy a new one.
But it still works good. Lets see some more.

Attachments

• IMG_20190426_222547.jpg
    IMG_20190426_222547.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20190426_222559.jpg
    IMG_20190426_222559.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 91
Here's mine, it's a late 50's model (I think) with the dutch induction motor that gets real hot- I stuck a little fan on the end, it helps a little
Used it just the other day to fix some dremel collets
DSCN0198.JPG

Here's mine, it's a late 50's model (I think) with the dutch induction motor that gets real hot- I stuck a little fan on the end, it helps a little
Used it just the other day to fix some dremel collets
View attachment 293499

The "dutch induction motor" is most likely designed to run on 50hz..... 60hz will make it run faster.....:grin:

I’d like to find one of these at a garage sale someday. Sure seems like something Grannie would sell for ten bucks. Not saying it’s aint worth more. But we all got budgets.

slightly modded unimat,, the aftermarket motor works great.. saw a nearly new, well outfitted SL1000 on CL for 225.00 a while back,, thought very hard about it..

Attachments

• IMGP0668.jpg
    IMGP0668.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 47
slightly modded unimat,, the aftermarket motor works great.. saw a nearly new, well outfitted SL1000 on CL for 225.00 a while back,, thought very hard about it..

There has been one on my sort of local CL for $400 for several months, perhaps even a year. $225 would make it much harder for me not to add it to my non-existent but always threatening small lathe collection.

I have this odd desire to collect mini-lathes, but thankfully I don't run across the deals that make it hard to resist.

A good friend gave me mine years ago since he didn't have much use for it. He did a short stint in a machine shop and "liberated" it from their dusty old back room.
I'll have to check on the motor specs, this motor is known to run warm but it just keeps on ticking

ok, let me ask you all this, then. i had to replace the cord on mine, so i have had the motor apart completely, except for a shot of grease and an emery scrub on the brush face its in perfect order. Why does it have so little power? I can literally stop it with my thumb. as big as this motor is, it should be 2-3 times as powwerful. it runs smooth and quiet, but is so gutless its really just an ornament.

Back