[4]

You could have knocked me over with feather.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

COMachinist

Active User
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Well another day of fixing stuff working on the 3ph motor conversion. It was kind of hot today, and when I came in from the shop, Wife asked how much a new lathe would be so I can get back to some of the project and none of them for her. She said she let me get a new one, WHAT! Where did that come from? I can replace my old clausing? Yep, you been working hard on the shop equipment and you have not been fishing but once this year. I didn,t know what to say, what should I say, I know some thing is coming at at me and I cant see it yet.
Thinking of a new 12x36” gear head PM.
CH

higgite

General Manger - Proofreading Dept.
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Cancel all of your credit cards and freeze your bank account before it's too late! If it isn't already. ;)

Tom

7milesup

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Holy balls. I wouldn't even know what to say. I would have to go out to the street to check my fire number; make sure I was in the right house.
Sleep with one eye open, maybe even on the couch. Wait a minute....maybe that is a bad idea. Maybe she WANTS you to sleep with her. Hmmmm... very complicated situation here...

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
Guys, she loves him and wants him to be happy.
Why make it so complicated.
Oh, wait a minute....

Tozguy

Active User
The way to a man's heart is through his shop (or stomach) both good!

TonyRV2

Registered
The first thing I would have asked my wife is "Ok...who is he??!!" :cool:

COMachinist

Active User
Well after 48 years of marriage I find it hard to think she would do something dastardly. How ever I looked on QMT web site and the PM-1236 lathe which is all I can fit in my shop is back ordered. So maybe she looked and knew they are out of stock. Oh well , it was fun thinking about a new QMT lathe for a little while.
VBG
CH

Last edited:

shooter123456

Well after 48 years of marriage I find it hard to think she would do something dastardly. How ever I looked on QMT web site and the PM-1236 lathe which is all I can fit in my shop is back ordered. So maybe she looked and knew they are out of stock. Oh well , it was fun thinking about a new QMT lathe for a little while.
VBG
CH
At first, I read that as "After 48 hours of marriage" and thought something is up here!

DHarris

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Have you gone out to check the fenders on all of your vehicles yet??????????????????

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
Go 14" and you won't need another , BE AFRAID VERY AFRAID WHEN A WIFE TELLS YOU BUY A NEW TOOL. So go big or go home.

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
Wow she must really like fresh fish.

Either that or she want's to get you out of the house.

COMachinist

Active User
Well I took the bait hook line and sinker I ordered Matt’s PM-1236T ultra precision with welded stell base and a BXA QCTP. It was the only 12x36 he had in stock. Plus it says 100% made in Taiwan and has NGK bearings. So I hope it lives upto the video since I didn’t the one I bought a ticket for, by the way who won that? It sure looked like a very nice lathe. So now I’m at Moms mercy now. I went for the 49.00 liftgate service so I can just roll it in the shop.
Now waiting

Last edited:

tweinke

Active User
Isn't the drawing for that on Saturday?

Kiwi Canuck

Congratulations on the choice of lathe.

Did you get your discount code from the Video, Barz18 gets you 5% off everything. (it's at around 16:00 in the video)

BTW the draw is June 23rd so you could own 2 of them, wouldn't that be a laugh.

David.

Z2V

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Glad to hear you ordered the Taiwan version over the Chinese PM-1236, I wish I had done the same.
Congrats

COMachinist

Active User
Congratulations on the choice of lathe.

Did you get your discount code from the Video, Barz18 gets you 5% off everything. (it's at around 16:00 in the video)

BTW the draw is June 23rd so you could own 2 of them, wouldn't that be a laugh.

David.
Oh no I didn’t remember. Darn I guess if you snooze you loose. I have allready paid for it.
My bad
CH

Kiwi Canuck

Call Matt, I'm sure he will take care of you.

David

COMachinist

Active User
This is a fact, if you buy any machine from other than Matt you are crazy. They gave me the discount code price, even after I paid full price and Matt refunded the discount. Matt is the man. The service is fast, and QMT will bend over backwards to make you happy. I will be buying all the things I may need from Matt. They the best!
Thank you Matt and QMT, for your great service and fine tools, 5 star service all the way.
CH

[6]
[5] [7]