Your favorate ID/OD threading tools?

This is an ancient thread, but that’s okay, I’m an ancient guy.

My favorite external threading tool is an Arthur R. Warner HSS vertical insert tool. But, asking what is my favorite internal threading tool is like asking what is my favorite hammer for pounding on my big toe. I really don’t have a favorite.

Tom

For external vee thread and some acme threads I like the Aloris HSS tools that are sharpened on top only, For internal threads, I like the Bokum form relieved tools, that are likewise only sharpened on top; the smaller sizes have an integral shank, the larger sizes have screwed on ends; They also make boring tools of similar design for both lead angle style and flat bottom boring. I have never been a fan of carbide insert tools for threading, they are too easily damaged, not to mention expensive.

Try Banggood Chinese email site.Impressive selection good price.I am only a satisfied user.
Ariscats

Try Banggood Chinese email site.Impressive selection good price.I am only a satisfied user.
Ariscats

My holders and carbide threading inserts are all Banggood as well. Quality seems fine to me for a hobby workshop and you can't beat the price. Most of my lathe tools a ground HSS, but for threading I find the preformed carbide inserts are just too convenient.

Back