Your Truck Might Be A Beater Truck If...

Mark in Indiana

Active User
Registered
Hi Friends,

On another forum that I belong to, there was a discussion about beater trucks. Personally, I think that beater trucks are invaluable because you wouldn't haul the same junk in a $45,000+ new truck that you would in a $500 one.
One thing that I noticed was that opinions on what defines a beater truck are as wide as the horizon. So, I thought it would be fun to see what the beater truck opinions are here. Please post pictures.

I'll start.
* When you park it on the street, the police flag it for towing.
* There is more duct tape on the seat than upholstery.
* The body is in such bad shape, the salvage yard wouldn't take it.

Happy Trails!

When You don't have to open the tailgate to blow out the leaves! Every bump means an increase in gas mileage and less wind resistance.

At least one essential part is held on with wire.

You don't bother locking it, because no self-respecting thief would be seen in it. Especially given that everybody knows who'se truck it is.

Securing a load involves hooking a strap into a hole/gash previously punched in the bed by the last load.

Everybody laughs at the rusted, crusty, holed, crunky body/bed, but stands in mute silence when you smoke a set of dualies like a dragster pulling someone out of a ditch.

When you're facing a lawsuit, because pulling some idiot out of a ditch with you truck, you ripped the towing package, bed, and rear suspension out of their truck using only your home-built trailer chain hoops....

When in low, low, low, low 4WD, your fuel mileage is measured in gallons per feet....

When they call you to drag their 60' furnished double-wide trailer home to a new location, and you remark, 'Hold on a sec, let me put some air in the dualies', before pulling out before the plumbing, stairs, and hurricane straps when you pull out.

If you've ever 'snatched' a vehicle out of a ditch, and done more monetary damage to it than your paid for your truck......

When you have jury-rigged everything, no AC, no power anything, got to climb on out on the hood to lock the hubs, no heat, no vent, seat won't move, no rearview, one side view mirror, no tailgate, bumper made of 4" pipe, no dash lights, one headlight, five bald tires, seat spring waiting to perform an impromptu vasectomy, and it still starts right up, will drag a 3 story building off the foundation, and you're the first person someone calls when they need someone to pull the Snap-On truck out of the ditch at the end of their driveway.....

Yup. I'm keeping out eye out for one of those trucks. I think I could use one.

the only speeding ticket is when you do 45 in a 30 mph speed zone.

Its smoking so badly DEQ won't allow it in the testing bay.

I refer to mine as a work truck.
randome pictures 017.jpg
Yea shes old and could use some paint but it's paid for and still gets 30 miles a gallon.
And when I open the hood I can see the motor no plastic covers.
*****Later*************G****************

Back