Your Truck Might Be A Beater Truck If...

Bought my little Toyota Tacoma in July of 14, with 3 miles on it. Had it 2 weeks and thoroughly mashed a coyote that ran out in front of me on the way to work. No real damage, but the mess was horrific. Not to mention the smell as the remnants burnt off the exhaust. Nasty.

You clean the cab by opening the doors and pressure washing the floor pans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You turn on the defrost and a swarm of bees come out.

You learn to keep the windows closed at night because feral cats and other critters have made a home in the cab.

Both personal experiences.

got to climb on out on the hood to lock the hubs!
Hey I've done that many times!

You turn on the heater and the mice scatter throughout the cab.

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One owner, 12 years old, and 150,000 miles; my truck has just reached its prime. Give it another 8 years and I'll be able to add to this thread unless you think hauling manure is only done with a beater.

So far I've seen or did almost everything in this thread.
How about driving down the road and having the wing window fall off?
Put the parking brake on and it pulls the floor pan up.
Have to hold the passenger door closed with a large slide bolt.
Drop the kids off 2 blocks away from where they're going.
Shift the "three-on-the tree" with a screwdriver because the shift lever broke off.
When you leave the windows down and it rains you think "that'll keep the dust down" or "now I'll need mud boots."

I can't wait to take a picture of my friend Lester's true beater truck--and he uses it daily---you will then know what a beater truck looks like---his wife named it Bone Crusher because it slipped out of gear and pinned their son up against the steps and broke both of his legs-----Dave

Last edited:
Back