YouTube tour of Maritool.

A

Alan H.

Forum Guest
Register Today
John Saunders recently did a tour of Maritool. I am sure many of you are familiar with Maritool and their products. I have bought from them in the past and have had a few conversations with them by phone. Frank is a straight up guy and I find their products to be top shelf. Of course they are priced accordingly.

They don't make everything they sell of course but what they do sell seems to be very good.

I enjoyed see the processes they employ in making some of their tooling.

I have tried several Maritool products. Some of their end mills are terrific as John says in the video about the 3-flute rougher. Their ER-XX nuts are not very good IMO because they do not conform to collet extracting standards, and their ER collets are just average in terms of TIR. I think the company excels at the larger/higher end of the spectrum like 40-series and shrink-fit tool holders. They are an OEM supplier of Morse taps which I have been very happy with. But I was glad to see John's tour nonetheless. The Maritool manufacturing capability is terrific.

Of all the end mill suppliers I've tried, I prefer the Melin Tool #15654 5/8" stub rougher over anything from Niagara, Maritool, or Lakeshore for aluminum hogging-out on a manual mill.

Back