[4]

Yuasa dividing plates

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

chips&more

Active User
I hear you Mike! But about 5 years ago I retrofitted all my dividing head/table stuff with steppers. I now only have to punch in a division number and go. And can get ALL the division numbers. And even have constant rotation if needed. That 250 bucks for just the plates can go a long way to modify a crank rotary table to digital stepper with readout!...Dave

ronboult

Active User
Hi chips&more
Any chance you might give a little more info on the equipment you use to manually control the stepper on your R/T
Thanks Ron

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I have an 8" Yuasa type rotary table, but no dividing plates, shipping's a bit stiff.

mikey

Active User
I have an 8" Yuasa type rotary table, but no dividing plates, shipping's a bit stiff.
Email them. This seller will ship flat rate USPS. I've bought several items from them and they're flexible.

Alan H

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
I wonder if they would fit an 8" Vertex?

I assume they would.

Last edited:

petcnc

Active User
Hi chips&more
Any chance you might give a little more info on the equipment you use to manually control the stepper on your R/T
Thanks Ron
An interesting electronic controller could be found here (no relation to Steve Ward)
You can either build it from scratch according to the instructions given (I have already build it and tested it) or, you can buy it constructed and just add the enclosure stepper motors and some sort of rotary head.
p&p should be cheap for you as the guy resides in the UK

mikey

Active User
I wonder if they would fit an 8" Vertex?

I assume they would.
The Vertex plate set is cheaper. I have seen threads where guys have used Vertex plates on Yuasa RTs but I cannot say from personal experience. I have the plate set from Yuasa for my 6" and can say that the quality is very good.

coffmajt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
I needed some metric transposing gears for my South Bend 9A so I made the dividing plates that I needed with my lathe and my mill (which has a very useful DRO bolt circle function built in) Gears worked perfectly so then the metric threads i needed to cut were easily done -- Jack

[6]
[5] [7]