Yuasa dividing plates

I hear you Mike! But about 5 years ago I retrofitted all my dividing head/table stuff with steppers. I now only have to punch in a division number and go. And can get ALL the division numbers. And even have constant rotation if needed. That 250 bucks for just the plates can go a long way to modify a crank rotary table to digital stepper with readout!...Dave

Hi chips&more
Any chance you might give a little more info on the equipment you use to manually control the stepper on your R/T
Thanks Ron

I have an 8" Yuasa type rotary table, but no dividing plates, shipping's a bit stiff.

I have an 8" Yuasa type rotary table, but no dividing plates, shipping's a bit stiff.

Email them. This seller will ship flat rate USPS. I've bought several items from them and they're flexible.

I wonder if they would fit an 8" Vertex?

I assume they would.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi chips&more
Any chance you might give a little more info on the equipment you use to manually control the stepper on your R/T
Thanks Ron

An interesting electronic controller could be found here (no relation to Steve Ward)
You can either build it from scratch according to the instructions given (I have already build it and tested it) or, you can buy it constructed and just add the enclosure stepper motors and some sort of rotary head.
p&p should be cheap for you as the guy resides in the UK

I wonder if they would fit an 8" Vertex?

I assume they would.

The Vertex plate set is cheaper. I have seen threads where guys have used Vertex plates on Yuasa RTs but I cannot say from personal experience. I have the plate set from Yuasa for my 6" and can say that the quality is very good.

I needed some metric transposing gears for my South Bend 9A so I made the dividing plates that I needed with my lathe and my mill (which has a very useful DRO bolt circle function built in) Gears worked perfectly so then the metric threads i needed to cut were easily done -- Jack

chips&more,

I found this thread while looking for a dividing plate setup for my Yusasa HV 8" rotary table. However, in my opinion there's nothing more retarded than using hand cranked tools on a CNC milling machine. In the past I built the indexer for the job but if I have to make a project out of the tool then motorizing my rotary table would eliminate having to do that. Any chance that you would be willing to share your knowledge with an old electronically ignoramus?

OldRon

Attachments

• Index Head.jpg
    Index Head.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 132
Back