Yuasa Spin Indexer?

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys at the resale shop I also pick this up,I have a very small knowledge about these from here and watching Youtubes on them.So I went ahead pick this up not know what parts are missing cause the price was right(show??) Anyway I google for a manual but only Yuasa catalog pop up still no manual nor a parts list.So I was wondering if anyone may have a manual on file with instructions how to get full benefit of this tool and a parts list.While I was there at resale shop there was also tailstock that I am wondering if it should have went with this tool,it was not the normal tailstock but it was different.Guys maybe if someone knows how to use these maybe could give a brief description how to use these,can't watch Youtube tv has been taken over:( Any links,pics,manuals would be fantasticyuasa.jpgyuasa1.jpgYusas2.jpg

It is nasty,I wish I would have pick up the chuck also but I went over my limit.I need to take it apart to clean each part,I finally got the collet out cause it was just stuck,but not rust.

Kroll, if you haven't tried Evaporust, get some and soak that indexer in it for about 24-48 hours. Take it out, rinse well with water, and oil it down. It won't hurt the paint, but it will take rust off like you won't believe. It WILL turn some shiny metal a bluish-black, but to me that's a small price to get the rust off.

This may not be the manual for your indexer but it shows the general operating principles.

Attachments

• 550-004-manual.pdf
    481.5 KB · Views: 79
I have one of those. Take it apart, clean and lube it. It will serve you well. Takes 5C collets or you can screw on a chuck. Mine has the same spindle size/thread as my 13" SB lathe. Maybe your lathe's chuck might fit???

Ted

I have one of these which is Hardinge brand but all beat to hell.
Hard to tell from the pictures but do you have the ratchet at the spindle and indexing plate?
If possible, I'd try to get the chuck which if Yuasa brand should be a good one and useful for projects a 5C collet won't cover.
You have a good thing there...

That is a better tool than Spin Indexer. You can use It on the mill or drill press it has 24 holes 15 degrees spacing so you could drill a 2, 3, or 4 hole pattern with ease. To use you close all the 24 stops on the indexer from the back by screwing them closed with an Allen wrench ,then open the ones you need. If you want to divide by three , you open the zero screw and the other 2 ones marked three. Then you lift the locking pin and rotate from zero too the next hole . I often use this tool with step 5c collets or ID collets. The spindle thread is a 2 1/4 8 .

Yahooo thanks guys and thanks lllinoyance for the manual.It does have the ratchet type indexer.So I have few things that I need to de-rust so off to HF for some of that Evaporust.

Good find Kroll ! I have a Hardinge and a Yuasa indexer and they got used a lot in the past . Lately I have been using W-D 40 Rust remover on some of my not so good looking tools and it works great . Evaporust will have your tool looking good in 48 hours . :encourage:

Back