• Welcome back Guest! Did you know you can mentor other members here at H-M? If not, please check out our Relaunch of Hobby Machinist Mentoring Program!

• In order for the Member Map to work properly, you must allow Google services AND Hobby Machinist to know your location. These settings are found in your browser of choice and in your Hobby Machinist profile.

Winner Yulee Sugar Mill Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been on the site in a few days and I see POTM banner with this, well deserved and some seriously amazing work. :man:

I just sent an email to the historical society in Homosassa Fl. to donate it to their museum. Waiting to see if the funny men in white coats show up with a nice jacket for me?
Thanks again everyone
steve

Steve, I bet the guys in white coats will be CNN cameramen!
The presentation of a model like yours deserve to be broadcast (it will also be a good promotion for the museum, BTW: I hope they have a clever press agent).

Congrats on POTM Steve. You always turn out some pretty stuff so I am not surprised at how pretty the mill really is. Hope it gets into the Museum where it can be appreciated by many.

Bob

Congratulations on ptom, it is so very deserved. I have very much enjoyed following along and watching this build. Excellent workmanship! And to see it running was very cool. Thanks so much for all your effort posting this.

Congratulations Steve....... A well deserved win!

Excellent working model.....I imagine as much time must have gone into the initial research as into its construction.
I'm looking forward to seeing it taking pride of place in the museum in the near future.

M

Congratulations Steve, what a fantastic model. Hope I have a chance to get back down that way someday and get to see your work up close and the original. You are right about the learning new things, that is what I am enjoying the most about this hobby.
:thumbzup3:

thanks everyone
I'm still waiting on a reply from the Historical society , I guess they don't check their email
I'd like to find a home for the model so I can start on something new.
I have been looking for ideas but nothing yet...
steve

Congratulations Steve. Well earned recognition.

"Billy G"

What a truly remarkable undertaking and result! This is more than a model engine it's a wonderful link to a bygone era.
Thanks for posting the journey.
gbritnell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back