Zanesville Ohio Scraping Class forming for August 2-6, 208

Richard King 2

Master Machine Tool Rebuilder & Instructor
Former Member
Just letting you know We are organizing a class to be held at John Saunders (NYC CNC on You Tube) machine shop for August. We already have 2 signed up. I have it listed on Ebay also. You can see all sorts of info on my classes on You Tube , search "Richard King Scraping" . I will introduce you to hand, power handscraping. Basic machine rebuilding trick of the trade. Send me a private message with your email info and I'll send you some info. Thanks. Rich

We have 2 students so far. If your interested and am wondering what you will learn, click these These are from 3 students who took the same class..

or

It sounds as if we will be having a Forum member coming. How about a few more. :) Rich

Boy I'd sure like to but I'm only 25 miles from you. Looks like I'll have to travel 800 miles to take the class.
How many do you need to make it happen?

We're planning on doing something in MN too sooner then later. Probably at a customers shop because my pole barn is a storage shed now. No machines or shop related accept my hand tools, a drill press and a SB lathe...lol. Have to decide to either buy some machines or use some ones shop. When I sold all my machines I wasn't planning on doing anything in MN accept service calls, travel or work in customers shops. Now Alex my Son is involved I may start to do more rebuilding. He and I repaired a lathe last week at a shop in St. Paul. I plan on retiring for good in January of 2020, so buying something to tool up a shop seems a bit insane. We can stay busy traveling and teaching inside others shops, in USA and abroad.

2 years ago I had a fellow in Duluth step forward to host a class and we didn't get enough, did one in St Paul 3 years ago in a small shop and did one in Minnetonka 4 years ago inside a 3 car garage. So if someone volunteers a MN shop we can do one if we get enough students.

We are still looking for students for this class. Should be a pleasant surprise and fun...but hard work :)

We still have room for a few more students and now we are accepting daily students. 1 and 2 days will just give you a taste. 3 days and you can learn to hand scape, level a machine, how to 1/2 moon oil flake, scrape Turcite, test and scrape a tapered and flat gib.
Shoot me a note at Richard@Handscraping.com

Back