Zert oiler

dlane

Active User
Registered
Hi all, my supermax mill has zert fittings on the knee , the one shot lines were cut by po and grease zert's installed. Trying to find a way to pump way oil into grease zerts, don't really want to use a leaky grease gun
Wonder how much pressure it takes to get oil past the ball in a grease zert , are they all the same ?.
Thinking of the receiver from a grease gun attached to something that supply's enough pressure, and won't leak, Bridgeport sells one $20. Plastic
Any ideas
Thanks

I would remove the Zerk fittings, probably blow out the lines with air and then something like WD-40 spray, then more air
and install some type of oilers, Gits Oilers come to mind. It might be just as easy to replumb in the lines as it was set up
previously and it would be original.

I use the Bridgeport one, it works very well.

I got an el-cheapo disposable push grease gun off of eBay, $8.00 delivered. I took the cap off, in spite of it being disposable, I cleaned out all the grease and put in way oil. Works fine until I can replace the seals in a zerk oil can that I have laying around.

I use a Harbor Freight grease gun converted to oil. I had ongoing problems with it leaking oil out the bottom of the tube where the rod originally came out. My third iteration of it was to cut the tube down to 6" long, and made a snug fitting 3/4" thick aluminum plug for it with two o-ring grooves in it. That was the end of the reservoir leak, and the shorter barrel is easier to work with. It still gives off a few drops of oil from the pump rod after each use, but I can live with that, store it with the tube resting in a coffee can.

Thanks all, going to try converting a small 8" grease gun , braze holes in tube, add o ring grove to piston. I'll get a couple pics later.

I like the zerk type fittings I put on my mill as opposed to the ball oilers that came on it. I found a German made push oiler made for zerks and it is perfect, no leaks, runs, or drips. If you would like I can go back and find the manufactures name == Jack

Back