Zubal Lathe And Power Hacksaw

kyleaudio

Registered
Registered
Hi guys,

I just picked up a few new toys today from a friend's work. I got a Zubal model C-2 14 x 40 gap bed lathe with a 3 jaw, 4 jaw and change gears, a Robertson No. 4 power hacksaw which came with a bunch of spare blades, a small sheet metal brake and a few other odds and ends including two huge tool posts that definitely don't go to this lathe. In total all of this was just $500!

I've got a lot of cleanup to do because they were sitting outside for over a month... Fortunately the lathe was very greasy and that protected it pretty well, but the hacksaw will need some rust removal.

On my initial inspection, Everything seems like it should work fine on both machines. I'll need to get a VFD and rewire the lathe, the coolant pump is missing as well as the chip pan and there is about .040 backlash on the cross slide, but I think that I can live with that.

tidhPgW.jpg
tVLDeVG.jpg

tidhPgW.jpg

tVLDeVG.jpg

tidhPgW.jpg

tVLDeVG.jpg

tidhPgW.jpg

tVLDeVG.jpg

tidhPgW.jpg

tVLDeVG.jpg

tidhPgW.jpg

tVLDeVG.jpg

Wow, a nice haul for $500. Let me be the first to give you the congratulatory :you suck:

Very nice looking set up. Coolant pump? - I have several, but haven't used one in many years. The dry cut carbides are incredible. Chip pan is very nice to have - you'll be able to fab something up.
If that is threading kick out? If so, then I'm really jealous.

Power hacksaws get a bad rap. I have a Kasto PHS - it is cuts very nicely (I only cut bar stock - 1" or larger and use a coarse tooth blade - 3 to 6 tpi).

Let us know how it works out?

Yeah, the coolant pump is low priority. I've never had one before so I'm not loosing anything. It isn't a threading kick out though, just an adjustable stop, although it is a very nice stop and is put together quite well!

I think that the power hacksaw will work fine. I'm not in a rush to get things done or anything. It'll be a heck of a lot better than pushing bar stock through my vertical band saw!

I dig the power hack the most, very cool. There is a shop that I go to for my work that still uses a power hack on a daily basis. It's a cool tool to watch doing it's thing.

Dang, did you use a gun when you committed that robbery??? ;)

X3 on you suck!!!

Congrats on your score.

No he used a pen it's mightier then the sword ( gun ) . no matter he stole them at that price. The tool post I think came from a turret lathe?

Back