Zubal Lathe And Power Hacksaw

Very nice haul! While they aren't as fast as a band saw, I always loved power hacksaws. Watching it go back and forth, the thought always came into my head, "And to think, I could be having to do that by hand!" Bandsaws lack the visual satisfaction of watching a machine do the work for you. Are those gigantic 4 way toolposts sitting in front of the power hacksaw? If so.....dang...

Excellent job on the haul, and enjoy the vacuum that you have created. :)

Thanks guys. I didn't even need to use a gun or pen to get this! The story is that these were owned by a family owned business and the brother bought large lots (like shipping container size lots) at auctions and would keep everything. He passed away and his shop was too full of stuff, so they cleaned up and moved some of it outside with plans to sell later. So they probably got this stuff really cheap at auction in the first place and now they just wanted it gone.

It is nice watching a power hacksaw at work. Similar to watching a shaper at work. Not the fastest, but more interesting to watch. I'm not sure if it's common or not, but this saw has a hydraulic lift that lifts the blade out of the cut on the return stroke. Here's a video of one similar to mine:

Nice score. The hacksaw is very cool, love the lift element. Mike

Enough bragging. Where is the pictures of the chips?

As far as watching the progress of the bandsaw just watch the chips pile up under it & the work fall to the ground.

Haha, no chips yet! Both machines are 3 phase and I don't have a VFD yet.

Back