Fire in the sky

Awesome you lucky so and so. We're too far north (in the southern hemisphere) so not visible here.

Apparently it was visible in Sussex in the UK (that's Southern England!).

I say 'apparently' because of course, my better half and I were fast asleep in bed, and knew nothing of this at all! :oops:

Possible it might be visible tonight so we're going to keep an eye out. :big grin:

IMG_5431.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5432.jpg
    IMG_5432.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5434.jpg
    IMG_5434.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
I decided to head out of the city to my favorite spot to watch meteor showers. Figured I'd see a couple people who did the same thing.
There were THOUSANDS!!! Literally THOUSANDS.
I ditched the traffic jam on the mountain road and went into a side road and there was still 50 or so people there.
It was crazy.
I went to a park where there are a couple thousand spaces. I've never seen the place that full before. People were parked along the entrance road and walking to the river. It wasn't even a really good place to see the northern lights.

1715453643481.jpeg
1715453711645.jpeg
1715453759770.jpeg

Found this video from another astrophotographer.

it was raining all day, no chance, and this morning 4-5 am it was all fog.
we have missed it every time. We were in Alaska, no show, Iceland no show... the sun did not believe in gifting us during those periods, and when it does, mother nature has other thoughts. About 70 - 80 miles north, they got to see it. I would have travelled had I known the rain was not going to interfere up there.

it was raining all day, no chance, and this morning 4-5 am it was all fog.
we have missed it every time. We were in Alaska, no show, Iceland no show... the sun did not believe in gifting us during those periods, and when it does, mother nature has other thoughts. About 70 - 80 miles north, they got to see it. I would have travelled had I known the rain was not going to interfere up there.
Same, here's hoping for tonight.

A friend posted up some photos he took in NC. Very Cool! And to think, we moved out of NC 4 yrs ago. Never got to see any such lights... At present, we're about 10 degrees north of the equator, so...

Back