What Did You Buy Today?

It can run gassless fluxcore wire or mig wire with gas,but you just need to change out the poles.

The description is a MIGARC multi-process mig welding machine.
I was joking about the use of the term many manufacturers use: 'Gasless MIG'. It's a contradiction in terms, given that MIG stands for 'Metal Inert Gas' :big grin:

Yep, yours is one of these four in one machines. It's amazing how small these machines have become.

Collets. A whole box full of 3PN collets

90 altogether, with 60 different sizes. I will sell the dups to make back some of what I spent, which was more than I spent on the mill. But, you don't often see deals like this.

Were those the ones on eBay recently?

I was joking about the use of the term many manufacturers use: 'Gasless MIG'. It's a contradiction in terms, given that MIG stands for 'Metal Inert Gas' :big grin:
No worries. I knew exactly why you mentioned it. I think the term MIG is just loosly used even with fluxcore welding because of the way a role of wire is used to weld. That's my thought about why people just say MIG.

I looked at this yesterday, won the auction today and will pick it up tomorrow.
Everything was disgustingly dirty in that place but I think it will clean up nicely.
10 inch.

Attachments

• eyJidWNrZXQiOiJid3BhcGVyY2xpcC1wcm9kdWN0aW9uIiwidXNlX2VmcyI6dHJ1ZSwia2V5IjoiaXRlbV9pbWFnZXMvYX...jpg
    eyJidWNrZXQiOiJid3BhcGVyY2xpcC1wcm9kdWN0aW9uIiwidXNlX2VmcyI6dHJ1ZSwia2V5IjoiaXRlbV9pbWFnZXMvYX...jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 36
  • eyJidWNrZXQiOiJid3BhcGVyY2xpcC1wcm9kdWN0aW9uIiwidXNlX2VmcyI6dHJ1ZSwia2V5IjoiaXRlbV9pbWFnZXMvYX...jpg
    eyJidWNrZXQiOiJid3BhcGVyY2xpcC1wcm9kdWN0aW9uIiwidXNlX2VmcyI6dHJ1ZSwia2V5IjoiaXRlbV9pbWFnZXMvYX...jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 36
    429.8 KB · Views: 35
I thought you only buy USA made products?

It's all about quality.
I have listed a whole host of countries I will buy from - more than a few times.
I have German drill chucks, Spanish wrenches, a Swedish drill press, Israeli carbide inserts, British engine parts, Japanese tools and bearings. Have Finnish , Belgium and Italian firearms, cheese and wine from France, pickled herring from Denmark, tractor tires from Poland, oil from Canada, fruit and vegetables from Mexico, phones from Vietnam, etc, etc
I buy USA made if at all possible and will pay extra for that.
But I don't buy the cheap, knock-off stuff from China that is SO prevalent here.
I hope this doesnt cause a big disturbance here..

Everything was disgustingly dirty in that place but I think it will clean up nicely.
10 inch.
Dirty machine shop auctions are the very best! I've gotten some amazing deals from them in my time. Nice clean well organised shops I do ok on, but never the :oops: that I get from dirty ones

Back