2-step pulley(s) for an Atlas Milling Machine

Skyd173

Registered
Registered
Hello! I'd be grateful for any information on the 2-step drive pulley that drives the spindle for a model 'MF' Atlas Milling Machine. It's been extremely difficult finding a used one without paying nearly $100. I'm looking for the dimensions specifically so I can turn a new one. Any assistance would be great! Thanks!

PS - I could also use info on the two drive side pulleys also, thanks again.

pulley.JPG
s-l1600.jpg

I think I found one of them, the L2-479, in our “Downloads” section here. There are other drawings there as well but I don’t think I saw the 2-step mill pulley in the list. You should check though, you’re a contributing member so you have access to the downloads area of the forum. All I did was put “Atlas pulley” in the search criteria and it pulled up about eight or so drawings.

I have an early MF miller but it has the 3-step countershaft pulley so that won’t help you. I did have to remake my two drive pullies though, so somewhere I have the dimensions I used for those. It’s also my understanding that if you contact Clausing and request the drawing for an obsolete part they will send you a PDF as long as they no longer offer that part for sale.

Here’s a direct link to the one drawing I found…

Edit: oops, just noticed you’re not a contributing member, my bad. Don’t know if the link will work for you without that…

-frank

Last edited:
Actually, I think this may be the one..

Sadly, you are correct. It didn't work for me. Neither of them do. What would I need to do to access those? Thank you for your assistance. I will contact Clausing tomorrow. thanks!

Actually, I think this may be the one..

Sadly, you are correct. It didn't work for me. Neither of them do. What would I need to do to access those? Thank you for your assistance. I will contact Clausing tomorrow. thanks!

Welcome to H-M.

To become a contributing member, click on your screen name in the dark blue line at the top of the page. From the dropdown menu, select "Membership Levels".

Back