727V Quill Ring Lamp

StudioMachinist

Registered
Registered
I've got a 727V enroute but it will be a couple more weeks before I'm home to unpack and measure it. Does anyone know what ID/OD ring light will be compatible with the machine? Or does anyone have a lamp setup they'd recommend in general?

I've got a 727V enroute but it will be a couple more weeks before I'm home to unpack and measure it. Does anyone know what ID/OD ring light will be compatible with the machine? Or does anyone have a lamp setup they'd recommend in general?
I know a lot of people swear by ring lights on mills, but I mostly swore at the one I had on my mini-Mill (yes, two sizes smaller than the 727V, but both are smaller mills with limited Z). Like @AllenV , I have a magnetic base “sewing machine” lamp plus a 900 lumens fixed base flexible LED lamp:

IMG_6359_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Both from Amazon:

IMG_6362.jpeg

I have one of the Sewing machine light, a swing light (for lack of the proper name) and quill light. The quill light works ok but seems to be in the way most of the time. I was going to make an aluminum mounting bracket for the light, I made a 3D Plastic unit that is easy to take off and re-install. It also has my tach attached to the bracket, so I continue to use it. I have a dial test indicator that attaches to the quill and the light gets in a way also. Anyway, I like the external lights.

Back