8" Faceplate Clamp Suggestion

Paul Fithian

Registered
Registered
What can you folks suggest for front side clamps on G0602 or similar with the factory 8" faceplate? Slot width is 1/2":
G0602 Faceplate Slot Dimensions.jpg

A 1/2" bolt fits through the back side:
G0602 Faceplate Slot Bolt.jpg

For general purpose, I'd look to T-nuts, then you have only the head of your mounting bolts sticking out. Of course you'll need bolts in a variety of lengths. That said, in practice I find that everything I want to mount to the faceplate is different and other than the aforementioned T-nuts it's futile to try to anticipate what else you might need unless you have a regular job you do.

GsT

I use Tee nuts and whatever I can find to bolt the work with. Some of my setups are scarry. Especially on castings. I will use the rotary table on the mill whenever possible.

I use a 1/2" bolt from the front and a 1/2" nut on the backside. Tee nuts for a 1/2" slot don't work because of the short slot on the G0602 faceplate. Another possibility is to turn shoulder washers that are necked down to fit the slot for 3/8" hardware and use 3/8" bolts from the front and a nut on the back side. A carriage bolt would have a minimum profile.

Back