Commercially Viable Electric Aircraft

My big beef and the same goes for Tesla, they referred to it as "zero emissions". There are emissions at the power plant that provides the electricity to recharge these vehicles, better controlled, but emissions none the less. Zero emissions is a false and, I feel, purposely misleading claim made to market electric vehicles. Other then that, it's pretty cool!
Richard

So the fact that nothing comes out of a tail pipe makes you think this is misleading?

Yeah, it's a tiny bit misleading.
What they mean to say is "zero emissions RIGHT HERE". But they seldom qualify the statement.
The making of the batteries is dreadfully poisonous.
The charging can be awfully clean - especially nuclear - but it's so horribly mismanaged nowadays that even that's a pretty hollow claim.

No, the fact that the emissions come out of the chimney at the power plant that generates the electricity to recharge electric vehicles makes me believe that it is misleading. I'm not against electric cars, I just don't think that they should promote them with misleading information.

Electric eFlyer Aircraft from Bye Aerospace. I work on some of this persons other stuff. They have a good plan and it should be interesting to see how these fit into avaition's future.

• Wow
Reactions: rwm

Electric eFlyer Aircraft from Bye Aerospace. I work on some of this persons other stuff. They have a good plan and it should be interesting to see how these fit into avaition's future.

This looks like it could work well for flight training operations. It will be interesting to see how the logistics of recharging will work. First airports with chargers and second the time needed to charge. I don't think that fixed base operators are goin to want aircraft sitting on the ramp at the charging station for hours getting charged. Just a challenge that needs to be worked out.
Richard

Back