Connector resources - aka connecting the boxes

If your chassis box is too big for your mill, you can make all the cutouts for the connectors, etc in a flat plate then make a large cutout in the chassis and mount the plate.

If your chassis box is too big for your mill, you can make all the cutouts for the connectors, etc in a flat plate then make a large cutout in the chassis and mount the plate.
I was considering using open back Bud boxes and making the back cover out of aluminum, which I could mill for the connectors. Need to open up the front of the box to allow the display to be visible, and to mount a bezel.

How about the "GX" style connector- commonly seen on CB radios for the microphone- GX16 is the most common, goes up to 10 pin
I've ordered them from Aliexpress but you might also find a local vendor on Ebay that has US stock
-Mark
Or one of the Molex with the 0.093 pins like 1396 series- I think they go up to 7-8 amp per pin. I buy them from Newark
Ended up buying some GX connectors. Bought 24 sets in various sizes. Need about 1/2 of them, so I will have some spares. Under $40 including shipping. Downside? The wait for them. Aliexpress is not that speedy, at least for their standard shipping.

Back