Downloads From This Site

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I have tried several times to get some sort of message added to the sites "join" screen that would explain the rules restrictions that apply to usage of the sites Downloads feature but so far have not been successful. So I will at least add it here.

The long and short of it is that full access to Downloads if your member status shows as Registered (which is the default) ain't going to happen. Full access to Downloads requires Donor status (any amount from $10,00 per year up). So if you need to download anything click on the Donations icon or word at top of screen. and follow the instructions. Note that donations require you to have a working PayPal account. We used to accept cash, checks and Money Orders but had some problem and had to drop them. All Donations are good for one year. About a week before it expires you will receive a reminder.

If you have anything to sell on the site, that requires a $25.00 donation (which also covers Downloads). And note that listings For Sale or For Trade have to be done in the fora set aside for that purpose and are not allowed elsewhere. The Trading Post and the For Sale area are each near the bottom of the Forum. Anything listed as "For Sale Or Trade" must be listed in the For Sale area.

Last edited:
I have tried several times to get some sort of message added to the sites "join" screen that would explain the rules restrictions that apply to usage of the sites Downloads feature but so far have not been successful. So I will at least add it here.

The long and short of it is that full access to Downloads if your member status shows as Registered (which is the default) ain't going to happen. Full access to Downloads requires Donor status (any amount from $10,00 up). So if you need to download anything click on the Donations icon at top of screen. and follow the instructions. Note that donations require you to have a working PayPal account. We used to accept cash, checks and Money Orders but had some problem and had to drop them. All Donations are good for one year. About a week before it expires you will receive a reminder.

If you have anything to sell on the site, that requires a $25.00 donation (which also covers Downloads). And note that listings For Sale or For Trade hae to be done in the fora set aside for that purpose and are not allowed elsewhere. The Trading Post and the For Sale area are each near the bottom of the Forum. Anything listed as "For Sale Or Trade" must be listed in the For Sale area.s
A lot of people do not have PayPal accounts and don't like PayPal. You may want to inform them that they can still use PayPal without an account to donate using a credit card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert, What is the resistance to having this posted properly on the site?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, but it would certainly reduce my workload, And as far as most people not liking PayPal is concerned, I have never had a complaint after posting an answer.

Last edited:
Back