ENCO 9 X 20 lathe projects this year

fixit

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Installed a QCTP on my ENCO 9 X 20 lathe. For the center bolt used the existing bolt and drilled and taped the bolt that came with the tool post. Seems to work good and a lot less work then replacing the existing bolt. The 4 bolt clamp was made two years ago. Both item were a great improvements.

I just completed reversing gears for the carriage. I am VERY happy with this project except the gears make more noise then I wanted but no worst then before. All the gears have ball bearings in them they are the same bearings that DeWalt uses on their saw armature. I also mounted the bearings on a offcenter bushing so I could adjust the mesh of the teeth. Now I can make those left handed threads I've been waiting for on bushings for oil filter adapters.

fixit
DSCF0005-001.JPGDSCF0006-001.JPGDSCF0001-001.JPGDSCF0002-001.JPGDSCF0003-001.JPG

DSCF0005-001.JPG DSCF0006-001.JPG DSCF0001-001.JPG DSCF0002-001.JPG DSCF0003-001.JPG

Installed a QCTP on my ENCO 9 X 20 lathe. For the center bolt used the existing bolt and drilled and taped the bolt that came with the tool post. Seems to work good and a lot less work then replacing the existing bolt. The 4 bolt clamp was made two years ago. Both item were a great improvements.

I just completed reversing gears for the carriage. I am VERY happy with this project except the gears make more noise then I wanted but no worst then before. All the gears have ball bearings in them they are the same bearings that DeWalt uses on their saw armature. I also mounted the bearings on a offcenter bushing so I could adjust the mesh of the teeth. Now I can make those left handed threads I've been waiting for on bushings for oil filter adapters.

fixit
View attachment 77302View attachment 77303View attachment 77305View attachment 77306View attachment 77307

View attachment 77302 View attachment 77303 View attachment 77305 View attachment 77306 View attachment 77307

fixit
View attachment 77302View attachment 77303View attachment 77305View attachment 77306View attachment 77307

View attachment 77302 View attachment 77303 View attachment 77305 View attachment 77306 View attachment 77307
I purchased a AXA QCTP for my 9X20 ENCO a while ago after installing on one my 12X36 but never installed it. The problem was that even at its lowest position the cutting tool was slightly above center. I thought about removing material from the top of the cross slide or modifying the tool holder.
Did you have this problem if so, how did you address it?

I have decided I am going to drill/tap the compound to accept the supplied Bostar AXA post. With that said does anyone know what size thread it is.

Last edited:
Back