WTB Gerstner Felt

twhite

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I was wondering if anyone has any Gerstner felt for sale. As they sell it in 3 yard increments. There will be a bunch left. I picked up an old O42 that I want to re line. I really don’t want to have to buy 3 yards of it.

Thanks for looking.

Cutting oil is my blood.

A buddy of mine (He is not on here) went to Hobby Lobby and bought a yard of green felt and did his Kennedy box. That maybe an option for you.

A buddy of mine (He is not on here) went to Hobby Lobby and bought a yard of green felt and did his Kennedy box. That maybe an option for you.

I might go that way. I just finished cutting some felt for a Scherr chest I found. The guy had some leftover Royal Blue felt from Gerstner. I really like the density and stiffness of that felt.

I think I will swing by Hobby Lobby next week and see what they have. Might try Joann’s fabric also. Maybe one of them have some stiffer type felt.

Cutting oil is my blood.

I used silverware liner.. self stick, and has an anti tarnish coating (which means anti oxidation)..
Used to be $18... now... sticker shock.

I used silverware liner.. self stick, and has an anti tarnish coating (which means anti oxidation)..
Used to be $18... now... sticker shock.

Yikes that is more than Gerstner felt. They want $60 for 3 yards. However I do like the adhesive backing. More options to ponder.

If I do go with Gerstner. I could always redline my Kennedy box at work with the extra.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Yikes that is more than Gerstner felt. They want $60 for 3 yards. However I do like the adhesive backing. More options to ponder.

If I do go with Gerstner. I could always redline my Kennedy box at work with the extra.

Cutting oil is my blood.
But it worked great for me as well. It was so easy to work it and the adhesive backing made it so easy to install. For the first install, I borrowed my wife’s crafts tools… made cutting super easy.

5BC822FB-13AA-456B-8049-809A6BBA60ED.jpeg

Jaime, do you remember how much you paid?
Sorry... I suffer from selective memory loss... I tend to forget how much I spent on something :D:D

I did check my emails to see if I had the invoice... but that email is now gone as well.

EDIT: Found it! I paid 18.99 per yard back in 2021. Shipping was around 13.00

Last edited:
I don't recommend flocking for a tool box unless it's a single tool . Flock will rub off and can be abrasive in tools

Back