Gerstner International 5-Drawer Oak Chest - GI-T20A

extropic

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I got an email today with a discount code for this tool box. Code is GERSTNER25. Email says it's good 'till 11:00 AM tomorrow (3/26)
I suspect that "International" means made in China, but . . .

I have a Gerstner International roller cart. Workmanship is nice, roller slides, etc. Only thing about it is that weird orangish finish.

One feature of them is the loose rattly fit of the drawers, also, I think the wood stick to lock the drawers is a bit hokey. I bought my W52 back in the late '60s for $76 (new) when I was making $200 per week (before taxes)

I had a woman trying to sell one of these to me for $600 . I told her it was a Chinese version that was worth $300 or less new . She didn't believe me until I showed her the link . :p

I've never been in the market for a Gerstner (although they are beautiful and prestigious) but I just went to the site to see what's up.

The GI-T20A is not included in their current listings, so I expect the sale at Penn is due to closeout.

I like that Gerstner is quite clear that their "International" offerings are listed as "Second Class". What I mean is that Gerstner isn't trying to trick or fool anybody. They are simply tryin to meet a market at a price point.

PS: If I hit the lotto, I will buy one of the 2613 Pro-Series Chests. Otherwise, not likely. :grin: :grin:

NOTE – Gerstner International products are imported products made for Gerstner & Sons. Second Class Gerstner International products are only available through GerstnerUSA.com during special promotional sales events.

First Class Gerstner International products are only sold through Authorized Dealers and Retailer.

Back