Graphite

Reconsidering the tool choice. I only need a 3/8 x 3/8 x 3/8 cut in two locations, then no more machining graphite. I have read that the dust is the biggest issue. Thoughts on the use of a abrasive disk in a Dremel? Most likely outdoors. No need for dust control, no damage to machinery (with the possible exception of the Dremel), no eating of cutters.

Thoughts?
Use a good mask, breathing it even outside is bad juju...

I use a proper dust mask and if at the surface grinder, I turn on the dust collection system. Over at the BP, I do use a small fan to push the dust away from me. Just about as bad as turning cast iron!
Pierre

Maybe a slight allergy.
No, it’s just a much better irritant than glass. I use the same epoxy for fiberglass and carbon fiber and the epoxy is where an allergic reaction comes from. CF is sharper and stiffer than glass fibers even at the microscopic level. It made me want to rub fiberglass insulation on my arms because I KNEW it didn’t itch as much.

Thanks a lot for the insight guys. The client decided to go in a different direction. "Return and buy the correct part instead of modifying"

Back