Grizzly 5963 Surface Grinder - Unbox, Review, Set up and Grind

BladesIIB

https://www.youtube.com/c/BladesIIB
H-M Platinum Supporter
Complete delivery, unboxing, set up, review and operation of this Grizzly 5963, 6x12 Surface Grinder and the Southbend 6x12 low profile magnetic chuck. Mine is a Grizzly model 5963 but this casting and grinder design is used on many different brands of 6x12 Surface Grinders such as the Tormach 612 Surface Grinder, Palmgren Surface Grinder, Enco Surface Grinder, etc.

The following items are covered in this video:
  • Wiring surface grinder motor for 230V
  • Balancing a surface grinding wheel with a Tormach wheel balancer
  • Dressing the wheel on a surface grinder
  • Basic machine operation of a surface grinder
  • Surface Grinding a Knife Blade
  • Test the accuracy of this surface grinder

Haven't watched it yet, but I will later! Thanks!

After watching the video, it is quite obvious that this is not a machine that would work to 10ths, much less sub tenths, it is pretty much a POS.

After watching the video, it is quite obvious that this is not a machine that would work to 10ths, much less sub tenths, it is pretty much a POS.
I don't believe I made any claims implying that this machine would do sub tenth type work. For my needs, grinding knife blades flat, and for the small space I had available it works well and has held up.

The guy who initially posted the question stated that HE intended to use it for sub tenth work, I mistakenly posted my comment on your video instead of his.

The guy who initially posted the question stated that HE intended to use it for sub tenth work, I mistakenly posted my comment on your video instead of his.
Understand. Makes sense, thanks.

Back