Harbor Freight Tools for Schools Prize

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hope this is the right place for this, if not please move or remove mods.

I suspect many of you were shaped by one of the trades educators at your school, I have fond memories of Keith Crawford at Lynbrook HS myself. If you know someone who should be recognized please encourage them to apply.

John

It's funny, but it's signed by Eric Schmidt, as the founder of HF, but it was his dad and mom, who founded it, and Eric locked them out.
So he's not the founder, his dad is. So no excellence in his integrity.

It's funny, but it's signed by Eric Schmidt, as the founder of HF, but it was his dad and mom, who founded it, and Eric locked them out.
So he's not the founder, his dad is. So no excellence in his integrity.

As I read it this is to recognize excellence in our educators.

If you know one that could use some help please encourage them to apply.

Interesting it is sponsored by Harbor Freight for excellence, not Brown and Sharpe, Mitutoyo, Starrett, Knipex , Klein, Snap-on, Festool. Interapid.

If you have any pull with these companies please encourage them to take an interest in trades education.

My wife used to work for Cisco Networking Academy and they were very involved with educators at the time. I'm sure it paid off with young people getting educated and being part of the purchasing process eventually.

Most important though is without people coming into the trade there won't be a market for tools.

It's easy to find fault, I just wanted to let our members know about something that could positively impact young people in their communities.

John

Back