Harig Grind All No1 Missing parts

JohnAU

Registered
Registered
Hi All,

I recently aquired a Harig Grind All No1 that has some missing parts. I've stripped it down and gave everything a ultrasonic clean to remove all the built up grinding dust.

I am missing a V Block adjusting screw which I see is available as a spare part on the Harig website. I think I will order that plus a new felt seal and I may as well get replacement ball bearings. I'm in Australia so I'm expecting postage to be a killer.

I am also missing one of the 10-32 x 1 1/8" screws that fix the dial on the back. I can source one of these locally (although not easily here in Australia).

The screw that goes into the "lock" hole is missing. I assume there will also be some sort of washer that goes in there. I don't see it listed on the Harig site. Does anyone have any details on what the lock screw is? if its a simple part perhaps even some measurements so I can make a replacement?

ANother question I have in regards to the Index pin assembly. The spring on mine seems to be too long. the lock screw end was inserted into the coils of the spring. Im not sure if this is the correct assembly or should here be a shorter spring that sits above the lock screw?

Attachments

• IMG_2728.JPEG
    IMG_2728.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
To answer my own questions, in case someone else stumbles upon this post with the same problem.

I contacted Harig directly and they provided this info on the lock screw. The washer and screw was $3 so I just ordered from them.

IMG_1902.jpeg

As for the spring in the index pin assembly, I worked it out. The spring sits below the locking screw not on top. I managed to source a replacement locally as mine was damaged from having the locking screw pushed through the coils. To reassemble, I used a small punch to compress the spring inside the assembly so it was below where the lock screw threads in from the side. I threaded in the lock screw in while simultaneously withdrawing the punch.

Harig will confirm shipping cost to Australia for the replacement parts next week. I’m expecting them to be more than the cost of the parts.

Back