Harrison (other machines category) owned by fellow hobby machinists

uncle harry

Active User
Registered
Is anyone interested in starting a Harrison following among us hobby machinists ? I have a M300 13" 40 between centers waiting for its VFD who might like company. This one is an original Brit issue with the green color in very tight condition. Thanks.

Let's see it.

I have difficulty seeing it myself since it has a sheet of OSB on top temporarily holding "organization" stuff. I'll try to take a digital shot of it when I unearth it to repair minor damage from tipping it over when dragging it into my shop.

I banged up the resin head stock shrouds, nicked one of the fiber gears (king's ransom for replacement) & broke off the cross slide handle.

This will be in the distant future considering other priority needs right now.

I have a Harrison L6 from 1968. Needs a few things including a new top slide nut (has quite a bit of backlash in the top slide lead screw right now). It is wired stock including a two speed reversible 3 phase motor hooked to a vfd being used a phase converter. I'll take a few pics of it to post later. It is a standard (imperial) machine and seems to work pretty good. It will work much better once I know what I'm doing on it :) .

You could start a Harrison group of your own in the Groups section of the forum if you wanted. Any member can start a group there. Just click on the Groups button up above. Once you are on the Groups page, you can look at the list of available groups and join one of them if you like, or, you can start your own by clicking on the 'Create Group' button. So far there are eleven groups there, but none for Harrison lathes.

Creating your own group there would be the perfect way to gather Harrison owners together.

I have difficulty seeing it myself since it has a sheet of OSB on top temporarily holding "organization" stuff. I'll try to take a digital shot of it when I unearth it to repair minor damage from tipping it over when dragging it into my shop.

I banged up the resin head stock shrouds, nicked one of the fiber gears (king's ransom for replacement) & broke off the cross slide handle.

This will be in the distant future considering other priority needs right now.

WOW Harry! You have to treat your machines with a little more TLC. Keep us posted on its recovery.

WOW Harry! You have to treat your machines with a little more TLC. Keep us posted on its recovery.

That's pretty much what I said at the time only egregiously more vehemently with added expletives. I have started to repair the covers with a mix of metal fabrication & fiberglass and will make a new handle with my South Bend 9A. The gear is a different story. Stock parts are available but upon seeing the price I gasped so hard that I inhaled several gnats at a 3 foot radius! The covers & gear totaled over $900. I only paid twice that with a 7 piece Aloris AXA, an import BXA post and an additional back splash from a Harrison M250 all delivered to my property.

Hmmmm...NO Pictures....I wonder if you guys are imagining these woody Harrison lathes....lol...I sure don't remember seeing ONE

Back