Heavy duty bench grinder base.

Jimsehr

Active User
Registered
I have purchased a few old table saws and reused them as a bench grinder base. I looked at them just with that in mind. The most I have spent was $35 bucks and some of them came with wheels
that would cost more than that alone. Then I built a shelf inside them to hold my extra grinding wheels.
They would also work as a heavy duty base for other tools.
If you look at my avator I handmade the form tools to form the balls with my bench grinder and lathe. Most home shops don’t grind form tools like that.

Last edited:
I have purchased a few old table saws and reused them as a bench grinder base. I looked at them just with that in mind. The most I have spent was $35 bucks and some of them came with wheels
that would cost more than that alone. Then I built a shelf inside them to hold my extra grinding wheels.
They would also work as a heavy duty base for other tools.

Three of these showed up on FB MP this morning, free if you haul them away:

IMG_7162.jpeg

Last edited:
Check Craig’s list. Also great for belt sander base.

We love pictures , if you could. Thanks
I hand grind so much I went to a bigger rolling base . I bought a heavy duty scaffolding with great rollers and now have mounted about 8 or 10 grinders on it .when I am using the grinders I roll the set up to the shop door to keep the grit out of the main shop. I think the scaffolding bench is rated for a 1000 pounds.
Most home shops will never use that many grinders but that is my thing.

I hand grind so much I went to a bigger rolling base . I bought a heavy duty scaffolding with great rollers and now have mounted about 8 or 10 grinders on it .when I am using the grinders I roll the set up to the shop door to keep the grit out of the main shop. I think the scaffolding bench is rated for a 1000 pounds.
Most home shops will never use that many grinders but that is my thing.

8 - 10 is a little excessive for a home shop, but if the bases I posted about weren’t as far away ss they were (marked as pending now) and I had a pickup so I could move them I would have grabbed them and upgraded my current roll-around in the garage with a 4x36 & 2x42 mounted so I could co-locate my oscillating sander with them and free up shop space:

IMG_7167_Radiant_Photo.jpeg

Back